Hot off the press: Web 2.0 Awards!. We have been using some of the sites listed very successfully in education especially in the area of podcasting, photography, bookmarking, collaborative writing, social networking and tagging. Check out the short list!
Quick reminder to what Web 2.0 stands for:
- user generated and/or user influenced content
- applications that use the Web (versus the desktop) as a platform, in innovative ways
- similar visual design and shared functional languages
- leveraging of popular trends, including blogging, social tagging, wikis, and peer-to-peer sharing
- inclusion of emerging web technologies like RSS, AJAX, APIs (and accompanying mashups), Ruby on Rails and others
- open source or sharable/editable frameworks in the form of user-oriented “create your own” APIs